San Jose Community

DESCRIPTION

The Augustinian Community of San Jose ministers to two institutions: 1) San Jose Parish and 2) San Jose Catholic School. San Jose Parish was given to the Augustinians in 1868 in exchange for Jaro which was chosen to be the cathedral of the then newly established Diocese (now Archdiocese) of Jaro. San Jose Parish is the focal point of the various religious activities for the grand Dinagyang Festival that honors Señor Santo Niño de Cebu. It likewise houses the venerable image of Nuestra Señora del Santo Rosario which was miraculously recovered in Fort San Pedro in 1616. San Jose Catholic School (SJCS), then again, was founded in 1950 as a parochial school. Its name was later changed to the current one. The Augustinians built numerous parochial churches in the province of Iloilo during the Spanish colonial period. Today, San Jose Community continues the legacy of Augustinian parish priests and school administrators that had nurtured the Filipino spirit across the centuries.

You may also like this

Sambag Residence

Sambag was accepted as a Residence of the Province during the 8th...

San Jose Community

The Augustinian Community of San Jose ministers to two institutions: 1) San...