Augustinian Cultural Heritage is a legacy of cultural treasures with cultural values linked to the History of the Order, specifically to the Province of Sto. Niño de Cebu – Philippines. The appreciation involves the conservation of artifacts and promotion of information of the same to be made available for future generations. The responsibility of the Commission covers the following cultural areas: archives, art galleries, historical research, libraries and information services, monuments and sites, and museums.
Basilica Minore Del Santo Niño
Basilica Minore Del Santo Niño – Main Altar
Basilica Minore Del Santo Niño Augustinians Cultural Heritage Main Altar
Basilica Minore Del Santo Niño – Main Altar The objectives of the committee (as adopted from R.A. No. 7356/April 1992 – Section 12b) are the following:
1. To support, monitor and systematize the retrieval and conservation of artefacts of Augustinian culture and history and all Augustinian cultural treasures;
2. To encourage and support the study, recognition and presentation of endangered human cultural resources such as chanters, dancers, and other craftsmen as well as the conservation and development of artistic, linguistic and occupational skills that are threatened with extinction;
3. To support and promote the establishment and presentation of cultural and historical monuments, markers, names and sites;
4. To encourage and support the establishment, maintenance, organization and preservation of resources from all over the Province of Community and Seminary museums, libraries, archives, as repositories, respectively of all cultural/historical artefacts and artistic creation, primed works, archival records and all other materials indispensable to the study and evaluation of Augustinian culture and history;
5. To encourage and support scholarly research into a documentation of Augustinian cultural traditions, arts and crafts, as well as significant cultural movements, achievements and personalities especially in the literary, visual and performing arts; and in mass media, as well as the various aspects of Augustinian culture;
Encourage and support the writing of Augustinian history from the Filipino perspective;
6. To encourage, support and systematize the audio-visual documentation of Augustinian cultural expressions in the contemporary period.
7. To ensure that standards of excellence are pursued in programs and activities implementing policies herein stated, shall encourage and support continuing discussion and debate, through symposium, workshops and publications.